Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hin Wong Bay II

We paid our farewells to Koh Tao today with another visit to the bait ball of trevallies at Hin Wong Bay.

I remember flicking through -it seems- a hundred thousand fish, the perfect swarm splitting and reforming around me again and again.

I remember finding clams, tiger striped lips grinning at me from the seabed, wider than my arm is long.

Beds of soft corals and sponges, sheltering thousands of nervous fish, darting in and out of the shelter but exquisitely beautiful when you peer at them up close.

Graveyards of jumbled reindeer antlers -hard corals- and stretches of uncountable mushroom corals that are over as quickly as they start.

Massive fan corals and hand maiden sponges, sheltering a pair of chocolate brown groupers.

Irritable triggerfish circling their territories, pilot fish in attendance.

1 comment: